Summerland is seeking a talented, creative, and organized Social Media Manager to help us maintain relevance and engagement in the digital realm. We’re talking about someone who can confidently dominate today’s meddling algorithms and funky attention spans with a cool attitude. They will work with us to create cutting edge and engaging original content as well as maintain a media calendar and implement account growth solutions. The perfect candidate is available for work on a freelance basis, at 10-20 hours per week with weekend responsibilities. Compensation is negotiated depending on experience. Job is WFH and not on-site. Remote location is OK, but if you are near San Francisco, California, you have bonus points.
- 3+ years professional industry experience on top of years of software experience.
- You are a meticulously organized and highly independent "self-starter".
- Ability to recognize brand voice and work within existing brand guidelines but also possess wild creative confidence to break molds and improvise.
- You hold an intuitive understanding of the ever-evolving Social Media landscape, keep up with industry changes, and can quickly create flawless & engaging social posts and awkwardly humorous meme content. Bonus points for a great sense of humor and interest in far-out topics.
- Graphic Design
- File organization
- Posting & Moderation
- Calendar Upkeep
- Community Outreach
- Targeted Growth/Customer Acquisition
- Influencer Marketing
- Paid Marketing/Sponsored Ads
- Google Sheets & Drive
Adobe Creative Suite:
To apply please email Work@WelcomeToSummer.land with your social handles (Instagram/TikTok/Tumblr/Are.na/Pinterest), resumé and a cover letter that includes some info about yourself, your experience, and at least 5 of your favorite Artists or Brands.
Include "Social Mediator" in the subject line.
Thank you friends!